Monday, January 25, 2010

Thrift store finds



I love this clock I found a Savers the other day for $5.99.  I was thinking about painting it a different color but my husband really liked the red.  I bought a red cubby shelf thing a DI a long time ago and also had plans to paint it but I could never find a good place for it.  I was almost going to put it in my get rid of pile. Once the red clock went up I thought it would look perfect on the wall across from it.  And it does!  Hooray for things coming together!

The Artichoke in the middle was a gift from a friend.  I LOVE artichokes.   For decorating and eating.  the two white vases are from Ikea.  I though about putting some more stuff on it but I really like the simple look it's sporting right now.


 
Its  a bad picture but you can kind of see how the two look in our living room.  I like!


 
On the same day I got the clock, I also got this little black shelf for $1.00.  We have lived in our home a few years now and are finally able to decorate a little bit.  We could use a few more shelves. This one works perfectly on this wall because my clever husband hung it up so it would cover up some holes from a little coat rack that fell down. 

No comments :