Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My First Clothing Refashion

The refashion of clothing is everywhere right now and it is SO inspiring!  Especially this blog:http://www.newdressaday.com/ where she has made a goal for a year to only wear second hand items and refashion them.  It is amazing!  So I have had this sweater for a few years and I was never crazy with the way it fit me but it has been saved from the "get rid of pile" time and time again.  I just love the stripes and the black and white color of it so much I just couldn't get rid of it.  Well in the midst of all these inspiring blog post I keep seeing I got an idea to turn it into a little sweater jacket instead.  It took me about five minutes was all.  So here is what it looked like before:








So I cut it down the middle and made a new hem.  I have been toying with the idea of adding some lace embellishments.  We shall see!

No comments :