Monday, August 2, 2010

Sesame Street Crayons

Chase's 2nd birthday is coming up.  We will be having a Sesame Street party for him.  For some of the party favors I decided to make crayons.  This is usually done with leftover nubs laying around the house but I didn't have any so luckily for me crayons are on sale right now.  So I bought a bunch and with tons of help from my sweet husband we removed the crayon wrappers.
We found the easiest way to remove the wrappers was so cut through it with a knife first.
Adam made tin foil bowls to melt the crayons it.  We just put one color in each bowl and melted them in the oven.
Pour the melted crayon into the mold and let sit.  We put ours in the freezer for a few minutes.
And there you have it.  We have Oscar, Big Bird, Grover, Cookie Monster, Bert and Ernie.  They turned our really well.  Thanks to my Husband for doing most the work!

2 comments :

Alicia Bunderson said...

cute Idea Kami. You are always so clever!

Unknown said...

How cool is that!!!! Good job!
Xo
Frenchy