Thursday, October 7, 2010

Quiet Church Activity

A lady in my neighborhood gave me some of these pictures.  She said she used them for her kids during church when they were little.  She just cut up some felt shapes to go on them and the kids could put them on the pictures like a puzzle.  Here are a few of the pictures she printed off for me.  There are a LOT more that aren't pictured.


 I didn't like the idea of felt because it seemed like the pieced would just slip off and create frustration.  I wanted it to be magnetic so the pieced could just stick to the pictures.  I also knew I wanted to use craft foam so I bought a pack and came home and cut some shapes.




Now I have been thinking about this project for a while and I really needed to get started on it because I kept seeing this stack of pictures floating around my house and I hate useless junk so they needed to be thrown out or used for something.  So I started cutting the shapes and thinking about running to the craft store to see what I could come up with, then I remembered an old silver tin I had kept.  I had been planning on getting rid of it for a long time but I always sort of liked it so I kept it.


So I got it and a roll of magnets that I had in my craft room and went to work.  The magnet roll has a sticky side to it so all I had to do was cut off some magnet and stick it to the back of the shapes.  Easy as that!

I cut the papers to fit inside the tin and there you have it!





Those little pieces aren't going anywhere!  Unless someone throws them and loses them...in which case they are very cheap to replace!

6 comments :

HILLARY said...

Good idea, I alway am in need of another quiet activity in church.

Ashley said...

I found your site from Kojodesigns. I have been looking for something just like this! Do you know where your neighbor printed the pages from?

Hanna said...

Hi there! I'm your newest follower. I found you on the Friday link up. Lovely blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com


Great idea

Nielson Shmielson said...

I am not sure where she got the pages. Maybe I can try and put them on my blog so you can print them out. I am not computer savvy at all so I will have to wait for my Husband to help me :)

Crystal said...

This is such a fun idea. I think my kids would really like this.

Terrell said...

Sooo smart and creative!! This is the perfect activity! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your sweet blog and would love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! Be sure to link up your fun creations every Friday at my Fabulous Friday Finds party! Hope to see you there!
Hugs and have a great day!
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~