Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Starting My Quiet Book

I have decided to start a quiet book.  I am going to try to center it around some of my sons favorite things. I will admit that I'm not making this book for helping motor skills, I'm making it to help little boy stay still for more than 5 seconds at church.  So we'll see how I do.  I am pretty happy with the first two pages.  I think I will get some felt letters to label the animals because I just don't want to hand stitch all of that. 



So I think I will put "Dog" up at the top with my felt letters just to finish it off.  I go the idea from this page here.  She has some really cute quiet books that I just might take a few more ideas from.


 I really like how this page turned out.  Although I did not come up with the idea on my own.  I saw this really cute quiet book on a blog that I totally didn't book mark it before the computer got shut down.  I have looked and looked for it but I can't remember the name so that makes it a little difficult.  She used all sorts of cute ribbon and ric rak for the lion's mane and I cannot remember how the face looked.  I wish I did.  Anyway I didn't have money to go get all sorts of cute ribbon but I did have a ton of yarn.  I think it worked out okay.  Thanks for the inspiration who ever you are!





3 comments :

Alicia Bunderson said...

Cute Kami! I am in the process of making a quiet book as well. I have some pics on my blog. Its a lot of fun!

HayLee said...

cute. My friend just made one, it was way cute. Here are some of the things she did on her pages for ideas. A puzzle, Ribbons attached that you could weave. page full of flowers that button on. Noahs arc. She did a cute boat and had a pouch that was full of animals(she got a pack of 10 finger animals at ikea to put in the pouch for cheap. SHe did a face that you could pick eye color, nose, lips and put on eyebrows, and hands. some thing with a shoe lace. Well, thats all I can remember. Have fun!

Aubrey Chaves said...

Oh my gosh this is so cute- I love the little dog!!